Friday, February 8, 2008

Change? How About Changing This Ad?



I hardly ever watch network TV anymore. But I do love "Lost." As I was watching last night's episode, I saw Barack Obama's Washington State caucus 30-second ad on KXLY out of Spokane.

Towards the end of the ad, you hear Obama stating:
And I'll be a President who ends this war in Iraq and finally bring our troops home.
On the screen, we see first Obama with a soldier, then a homecoming scene. In that homcoming scene, (at about 0:26), notice the solider is wearing the 6-Color Desert Battle Dress Uniform, informally known as the "chocolate chip." That particular uniform was phased out around 1994. This means that the scene was probably shot during 1991 after Gulf War I. If anything demonstrates the Obama crowd's lack of military knowledge, this is it.

I'd like to see our troops come home too, but I would prefer it to be after they had finished the job like in Desert Storm versus some arbtitary deadline set by George Soros and MoveOn.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment